Foreign student shows language talent at speech contest
MarlaAnastasia Sulindro, an Indonesian student from Shanghai University ofTraditional Chinese Medicine (SHUTCM), recently won the second prize at aspeech contest held as part of the seventh English Forum on Medical Humanities.
Theforum, hosted by the Second Military Medical University in Shanghai, attracted21 medical students from nine Chinese universities to deliver keynote speeches.
Focusingon the forum theme “Medicine: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”, the speakersexpressed their opinions on a range of topics such as relationships betweendoctors and patients, medical morals and laws, medical education and medicalreforms.
SHUTCMencourages international students to take part in various academic forums, withthe view that such activities can enhance interaction and mutual exchangebetween Chinese and foreign students and enrich their horizon, a universityofficial told.
More highlights & notices
- Teachers’ Day Celebration and Commendation Ceremony
- The 2015 National “China in the Eyes of Foreign Teachers” Photographic Competition
- Vice President Cong Yuhao Led a Delegation to Visit Germany and Spain
- Ritsumeikan University Visits Shanghai Univeristy
- Wang Min, Vice President of Shanghai University paid a visit to the United Kingdom, and Italy