Foreign student shows language talent at speech contest
MarlaAnastasia Sulindro, an Indonesian student from Shanghai University ofTraditional Chinese Medicine (SHUTCM), recently won the second prize at aspeech contest held as part of the seventh English Forum on Medical Humanities.
Theforum, hosted by the Second Military Medical University in Shanghai, attracted21 medical students from nine Chinese universities to deliver keynote speeches.
Focusingon the forum theme “Medicine: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”, the speakersexpressed their opinions on a range of topics such as relationships betweendoctors and patients, medical morals and laws, medical education and medicalreforms.
SHUTCMencourages international students to take part in various academic forums, withthe view that such activities can enhance interaction and mutual exchangebetween Chinese and foreign students and enrich their horizon, a universityofficial told.
More highlights & notices
- Delegation from University of Hawaii at Hilo Visit SHU
- Professor Shu Kobayashi from University of Tokyo Visits SHU College of Sciences
- Delegation from Taiwan Kaohsiung University Visits SHU
- The exhibition for 70 anniversary of the victory of Anti-Japanese War
- SHU holds 2014 Shanghai Social Sciences Academic Conference